USDOT Number Information

Usdot Number Information. Do you have Questions on USDOT Number requirements View the FMCA Page Here.

In general, a USDOT Number is required if you are operating in interstate commerce and meet the following criteria:

  • Operate a vehicle that is over 10,000 lbs. (GVWR, GCWR, GVW or GCW)
  • Transport between 9 and 15 passengers (including the driver) for compensation, whether direct or indirect.
  • You transport 16 or more passengers.
  • You haul hazardous materials.

Click here for a step-by-step tool that helps you determine whether you need a USDOT or MC number. For more information on how to get a USDOT number, please see the FAQ “How do I get a US DOT number?” For some definitions of FMCSA terms, click here.

If you would like information on getting operating authority as a for-hire carrier (MC/MX/FF numbers), click here.

If you are an existing company changing your form of business, click here.


Looking to buy Usdot  Number Decals and Custom Truck Lettering Design Online Here.

Choose your own wording, font, and colors for your Custom Truck lettering. Use our easy to design and order page. All Designed to your Specs FREE. Truck lettering, Truck Numbers, DOT Numbers, KYU Numbers, VIN Numbers, ICC MC Numbers, Decals, numbers, names, address, Lettering, and more.”

Have a custom File? Upload your custom files here.